Thursday, October 27, 2011

Why Hope and Giggles



This all began as an experiment as so many things do. I wanted to make the world a better place in some small and humble way. This is a philosophy I live by. Everywhere I go I try to make the world a better place in small and often anonymous ways because it simply makes me happy to do so.
Youtube is not exactly what I would call anonymous, but in a way it is because I am not famous. I do not get enough views to be recognised in my daily life. I go through my non cyber existance without many knowing what I do at bedtime.

I put up a few random videos containing things I had found useful not knowing if anyone would watch. I figured nobody would and so could use this beginning time to practice untill I felt comfortable in front of a camera or microphone, critique myself, learn how to opperate in cyberland, and buy better equipment. I did not think within two weeks I would be going to bed with several hundred people per night.

"Hope and Giggles" is an ongoing experiment very subject to change as it is viewer driven. I am asking the question "What would people want to watch and/or listen to that can make their world a better place?" For now the answer has come back as something to fall asleep to, something to laugh at, and something to think about.

I find my product embarassingly amatureish at times and it all leaves much room for improvement but my heart is there and so are the hearts of many viewers. I've learned where good hearts live, good things come about and in a few years, who knows?

You may have noticed ads on my videos and blogs, book reviews where I stand to earn a small commission, and to donate buttons scattered about. I wish I could say I was doing this all for free with no hope of financial gain for myself but that would not be honest in so many ways. I am currently living on a pension from the government for I have a disability that prevents me from having a "day job". It is not only my dream but my resposibility to support myself and my family in any way I am able to do so.

So here it is, the "Hope and Giggles" project. I am learning in public as I go, which can be humbling at times, but it has also been so much fun. When I hear I have helped someone fall asleep, or made them laugh, I am just so darned overjoyed. Someday I may have learned enough to turn this into something really cool. I hope so.

In the meantime, please relax and be loved at the end of your day and that should make your journey a little easier. Love to you all. Jody.



2 comments:

  1. Jody,

    You wrote this on youtube:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFgfX7Elrwg&feature=related

    "Just a little factoid. I watched a lecture series from harvard where smart people studied this stuff to see if it works. They said it ups your chances for success and happiness by 56%. It's not 100% but it's a pretty good number, I think"

    Can you please send me the link of the harvard lecture series you mentioned? My email is doug_snead@yahoo.com

    Thanks!

    v/r,
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody,
    I am so thankful for what you are doing. You and your mission have made a tremendously positive change in my life and consequently every person and thing I come in contact with. Time with you at the end of my day is so important. You are an angel to me and I am so grateful. God bless you, lots of love!-----Kari

    ReplyDelete